Take a horseshoe section around the crown and clip away all the hair on the top.
Take all of the hair underneath and subdivide into 3 sections (one for each team member).
Ricardo’s Section (center)
- In the center back section, Ricardo started at the nape taking horizontal sections and working up through the section.
- For the initial slice apply the root formula, then melt into the second color, and work down to the final 3 inches where a hard line of a bright color is placed; Finish with the final formula on the ends (this will create a bright candy stripe through the perimeter of the back); Lay that slice on a sheet of Colortrak Extra Long Meche for support, and place a Colortrak Cling-Free Film sheet over the top to see exact placement.
- Repeat this step all the way up the section using the clear cling-free film to separate slices, and to match up the color placement exactly.
KL’s Section (right)
- On the right side, KL took a curved rainbow section from the front hairline around the face to behind the ear and worked from the top of the crown down, to the ear in curved rainbow like slices
- KL used the Cling-Free Film to separate colors, while alternating formulas to create a ‘rainbow effect’
Kate’s Section (left)
- Taking small vertical subsections, place color 1 at base and melt down to middle of section.
- Next, add color 2 through mids to ends. Make sure to use a Colortrak Feather Bristle Brush, Spongelight, or hands to melt the colors in the middle of section.
- Continue on to the next vertical section and rotate colors until all hair is colored for desired look.
Let down the horseshoe section to create shine line to overlay; Start at base with desired color and move to middle of hair; Add desired color for shine line; Remember to keep color of shine line in the same placement for consistency; Continue from middle to ends with base color throughout the ends.
WANT TO STAY ON TOP OF NEW TRENDS, TIPS,
AND HAIR COLORING TOOLS?
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
“Colors Speak Louder than words”
Home Products FAQ Contact