As far as Colortrak is concerned, animal prints are always in! Discover your wild side with the Safari Chic Collection. Our trendy patterns in navy blue and sand give animal prints a fresh new look. Colortrak tools are the latest in style and functionality. Get ready to embark on another hair coloring adventure!
This collection features a duo of color brushes: one featuring traditional, firm bristles and the other one rocking our ultra-soft feather bristles. This versatile set covers all application techniques while making a chic statement. Embrace the wild side of beauty!
The collection also includes our signature 4pk Croc Clips with double-hinged design to hold large amounts of hair. These posh clips pair well with Stackable Color Bowls that accurately measure formulas with measurement markings and handles.
Safari has been redefined. Embrace the wild side this fall. For details, visit http://colortrak.com/safari-chic/.
“Colors speak louder than words”
What better way to wrap up the summer than with a bowl full of candy?!
Thank you for joining us this summer and loving our Candy Collection as much as we do; it’s been the sweetest one yet!
Formula 1: Root Color — Violet Smoke
Joico Titanium + Lilac
Formula 2: Yellow
Pulp Riot Lemon + 1-2 drops of Pravana Neon Yellow
Formula 3: Neon Green
Pravana Neon Green
Formula 4: Coral
Pravana Neon Orange + Pulp Riot Blush and a drop of Cupid
Joico Mint + Seaglass, Pulp Riot Blush + Cupid, Pulp Riot Aquatic + Clear, Joico Lilac + Light Purple
Using the pin of the Candy Collection Duo Brush, section the hair into 4 quadrants with a zigzag pattern. Start with the crown up to back of the ears. Part the larger middle section into two parts.
Take the opposite end of the Duo Brush and apply violet smoke root color. Smoke out the root and color melt the rest of the colors randomly throughout the hair.
Create horizontal subsections and work up the head. Apply 2 -3 colors randomly per each section of hair. Use a colormelting technique and desired color placement.
Separate each section with Colortrak Extra Long Meche.
Process hair color for 30 minutes.
Rinse with cool water.
“Colors speak louder than words”
Formula 1 (Darker “edge” colors)
Teal: Pulp Riot Aquatic + Seaglass, Blue: Pulp Riot Nightfall
+ Powder, Purple: Joico Amethyst + Clear
Formula 2 (Lighter pastel colors “Marbling”)
Light pink: Pulp Riot Cupid + Blush, Teal: Pulp Riot Aquatic
+ Seaglass, Blue: Joico Sky, Purple: Joico Amethyst + Clear
Formula 3 (“Pop!” Colors)
Pink: Pulp Riot Cupid + Blush,Teal blue:
Pulp Riot Aquatic + Nightfall + Seaglass + Powder
Start by parting out your prelightened model. Part out a horseshoe section up around the crown, then section from nape up.
Section 1 inch scoop (U) sections up to horseshoe section of the crown. Be sure to clip each section out with Colortrak Clips!
Starting from the bottom of the ears down, use Formula 1. These are the bolder, darker colors that really help everything to pop when brought forward and styled.
In these sections take small 1 inch drop sections from the scoop partings and paint each 1 inch drop section solidly.
Use Colortrak Meche to seperate sections.
As you work your way up above the ear, continue to take 1 inch drop sections and begin to use Formula 2. You have the artistic freedom to marble any of these colors from roots to ends throughout these sections. Even creating feathering patterns , or v shapes when applying the color will enhance the look.
Using the Colortrak Candy paddle will help you to really drive the color in and saturate the hair evenly.
Be sure to leave out some of the models blonde hair in between the marbled sections. This helped us create more of the Macaroon look.
When you get up to the horseshoe section, part out small triangle where the “fringe” would live, and clip the fringe out of the way.
Diagonally part out horseshoe section. Within these diagonal partings, marble lightest colors in formula 2 in 1 inch drop sections.
When you get to the fringe section, use Formula 3. This acts as the “Money piece” in the look. We made this section bold in color to mimic the dark colors swirled throughout the macaroons. Do not marble these sections, instead do what you did for the nape sections, creating a more solid look in this area.
Again, use Colortrak Meche to seperate the more solid areas so they do not disturb the marbled areas.
When finished let sit for min of 25 min. Shampoo and condition with cool water.
“Colors speak louder than words”
Take a horseshoe section around the crown and clip away all the hair on the top.
Take all of the hair underneath and subdivide into 3 sections (one for each team member).
Ricardo’s Section (center)
- In the center back section, Ricardo started at the nape taking horizontal sections and working up through the section.
- For the initial slice apply the root formula, then melt into the second color, and work down to the final 3 inches where a hard line of a bright color is placed; Finish with the final formula on the ends (this will create a bright candy stripe through the perimeter of the back); Lay that slice on a sheet of Colortrak Extra Long Meche for support, and place a Colortrak Cling-Free Film sheet over the top to see exact placement.
- Repeat this step all the way up the section using the clear cling-free film to separate slices, and to match up the color placement exactly.
KL’s Section (right)
- On the right side, KL took a curved rainbow section from the front hairline around the face to behind the ear and worked from the top of the crown down, to the ear in curved rainbow like slices
- KL used the Cling-Free Film to separate colors, while alternating formulas to create a ‘rainbow effect’
Kate’s Section (left)
- Taking small vertical subsections, place color 1 at base and melt down to middle of section.
- Next, add color 2 through mids to ends. Make sure to use a Colortrak Feather Bristle Brush, Spongelight, or hands to melt the colors in the middle of section.
- Continue on to the next vertical section and rotate colors until all hair is colored for desired look.
Let down the horseshoe section to create shine line to overlay; Start at base with desired color and move to middle of hair; Add desired color for shine line; Remember to keep color of shine line in the same placement for consistency; Continue from middle to ends with base color throughout the ends.
WANT TO STAY ON TOP OF NEW TRENDS, TIPS,
AND HAIR COLORING TOOLS?
Subscribe to our Newsletter.
“Colors Speak Louder than words”
Home Products FAQ Contact